Candle in coconut
- Super atmospheric lighting for the dark evenings
- Made from a real coconut. So sustainable.
- This candle is made by the disabled people of the Sarana Multidisciplinary Center in Sri Lanka.
- With the purchase of this candle, you directly help the maker: this is a fair-trade product.
- When you burn this candle, stick with it and don’t burn it all the way up.
12 in stock (can be backordered)
How nice is it to burn this nice candle in coconut outside on a balmy summer evening?
But it is also a pleasant addition to a nice cheese platter at the kitchen table!
Your coconut candle comes from Sarana Multidisciplinary Center. This is a center in Sri Lanka where people with disabilities receive tailor-made support.
The coconuts have already done a lot of work before they are burned at your place!
It could be that the pulp of "your coconut" has been used in a tasty curry for lunch on Sarana. Or… Maybe the students from practical education dried the pulp and pressed it into coconut oil. The "beard" of the coconut may well have been used as a dish brush.
And then finally, the young people from the sheltered workshop turn it into a beautiful candle, for you!
They think the idea that their work goes to Europe by plane is "cool"!
If you burn this candle, stick with it and don't burn it all the way up.
Perfect for an autumn evening on the couch with a nice cup of tea, or a summer evening outside on your picnic blanket, and it also combines perfectly with the other nice things from Sri Lanka.
ansje (verified owner) –
Met dit mooie kaarsje maak je het meteen gezellig in huis
Kim Duyvesteyn (verified owner) –
Super mooi natuur product! Het is nog mooier met de weet dat je een goed doel steunt!